Sunday, June 21, 2009

Just got back from a couple of weeks in Bend and haven't really gotten used to being home again. But I'm getting there. I've been raveling sweaters to reclaim the yarn and I had to stop because my eyes refused to focus anymore. I got two of them done, with help from my also-fiber-addicted daughter (thanks hon) but I'm afraid the one I'm working on now might have to be given a decent burial before all is said and done. It's a mohair/silk /wool blend and is incredibly fine gauge. i finally got all the embroidery and beads off,but the stitches are so tiny and tight I can't see where to snip threads to separate the pieces. So far I have 380 grams of laceweight gray cotton and 277 grams of lacewight turquoise cotton in hanks drying on the rack. Not too shabby, considering how little the sweaters cost. I bought two in Bend; one was $4 and one was half price at $1.50. Then, I bought two more at goodwill when I got back home. The aforementioned mohair/silk that I probably won't ever get done, and a beautiful, richly colored 100% silk DK. Can't wait to get to that one.
On a totally different topic, Wow! I can't believe how freakishly cold it is today. I actually had to put on a jacket....INside the house! It's raining too. Almost unheard of this late in the season, at least in southern Oregon. I think I'm going to go into a mini-hibernation now. I'm gonna go fix a cup Earl Gray and go to bed. Oh, and wear socks to bed. Nitey-nite.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Don't bury it!!! I am certain I can revive it.. please don't kill it. If you want help with the other sweater, you know where to find me....
Congrats on all the yarn! I finished my salmon cotton and bought an oatmeal/tan colored on a couple of days ago. I need more wool, but it's so hard to find in the summer. BTW, the word verification on your blog is RUDE.
The word is sclut.