Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What's up?

Geez! I swear the weather here has totally freaked out. Today it's back in the 90's (ok-that part is normal) but what's with the compulsive flip-flopping? It's SUMMER for crying out loud...ACT like it would ya? I'm tired of having a storage bin full of winter clothes at the foot of my bed, for days (for days/and/or nights) when it's freezing. And I know my garden is tired of it! It's doing ok in spite of it though. The okra is finally starting to take off and the swiss chard is threatening to take over. This is the first year I've still had peas and favas going this late in the season. They usually are fried by now, which is convenient since I need the space for summer veggies. DH pulled up all but one of the brussels sprouts and that one is going tomorrow(aphids are getting to it anyway) and the shallots and garlic should be ready soon, so that will free up some room. Unfortunately there won't be enough season left to grow all the things I usually grow. Oh well, there's always next year.
On another note, I did indeed have to give up on the cashmere/silk sweater (sigh) I guess I got a little too ambitous. That was way too ambitous an undertaking for me. So, on to the 100% silk dk! I'm fairly busy, between taking Mom to the various dr. appointments and house sitting, babysitting, and bum sitting (sitting in front of the computer) but I'll find the time for silk!.And I have some serious weeding to do as well.Gonna try to go to the grower's market tomorrow and I have meeting tonight, so c u later.

No comments: